Thursday, March 15, 2012

Jab We Met 2 (JWM2)

Previously on Jab We Met (JWM)….
I met a girl named Riya in a journey, who was about to jump from the train. Now I am at home doing the best thing I can do i.e., sleeping and it happened, my cell started ringing. Anyhow I dared to pick up the phone, the name Riya was flashing on it. That’s why I hate girls they can’t see u happy. It was 7 O’clock.

http://raxblogging.blogspot.in/2009/06/jab-we-met-1.html

I: "(clearing my throat) Yes!!"

Riya: "Hiiiiiii"

I can’t understand why these girls get so excited while saying “Hi”.

Riya: "Do you know what happened today?"

I: "How could I know, my day have just started."

Riya: "OK, I’ll tell you. He just called me."

I: "Whom, you are talking about?"

Riya: “Alok”, I have told you about him yesterday.

I: "Oh... yes, your boyfriend. So what did he say?"

Riya: "Well he was very sad and apologizing for his behavior."

I: "Hey, that’s very good, you guys are together again."

Riya: "Actually, now I m not feeling like loving him anymore."

I: "What? But you were going to suicide for him. I thought you loved him so much."

Riya: "Yes I do, but yesterday night I thought about it and I felt if he can leave me once he can do it again."

I: "So, what you told him?"

Riya: "I told him that it couldn’t remain same. We can now remain only friend.
Ok I’ll call you later mom is shouting."

And she cut the phone. I thought I was still dreaming, why she called me and told me all these things? What I have to do with all these crap? Well I had been woken up so I thought to finish up all my morning business.

After that she started messaging me and miss calls too. One thing about girls is that they never call you until they need; at the same time they keep on giving you miss calls until you call.

One day she called me and said, “Hey I am coming to your city this Sunday. Tell me where we can meet?”

I: “Meet? Are you serious? This is a small township, full of Uncles and guys who know me. What they’ll think?”

Riya: “Oh!!! Come on... don’t be such a jerk. Nothing will happen; I’ll be there with you.”

I: “That’s the problem, you’ll be there.”

Riya: “OK fine, you don’t wanna meet me then that’s it. You are such a coward.”

Coward, how can I bear such insult?

I: “Ok we’ll meet. Time and Place I’ll tell on Sunday morning. Happy??”

Riya: “Thanks a lot (laughing)”

Finally Sunday came sooner than I expected. We planned to meet at the Coffee House as I was sure no uncles would come there and guys I can take care off. But when everything is right there must be something wrong.

As soon as we ordered for coffee I saw a familiar face or should I say many familiar faces. It was Mishra Uncle’s daughter Birthday party and now I was trying to hide behind Riya and praying nobody saw me.

We finished our coffee in hurry and walked towards the stairs. I came down halfway on stairs and I saw “Papa”.

Riya looked at me and said, “Namaste Uncle.”

Papa looked at me and said “Hello” to her. He didn’t ask anything that time but by
his look I can say “I am Gone” and we left.

I: “See now what happened? I don’t know what I’ll say if he asks about you.”

Riya: “Why are you so tensed as if I am your girlfriend and he caught you red handed. Tell him I am your friend”

Girlfriend and Friend, see how much difference a girl can make.
Something pinch me inside, Was it that her telling she's not my girlfriend? Do I want her to be my girlfriend? I don't know but what if she really is?

In a moment hundreds of thoughts crossed my mind.

Riya: "Hey!!! What are you thinking?"

I: “(Startled) Hmm... Nothing. You won’t understand my situation. Anyways I’ll take care of it (Can I?)”.

Then we left for the Lake park of our city, there were three reasons for that:


first it was a quite place to walk around second its out of city and it's near bus stand I don't need to come all the way to drop her ;)

Riya: "Hey!!! I am sorry."

I: "Sorry? For what?"

Riya: "To put you in trouble."

I: "Ohh.. forget it, in fact I feel it exciting. You made my boring Sunday into an adventurous one."

Riya: "Is it? So when are we meeting again?"

I: "Whaaat?"

Riya: "Oh.. don't worry I was just kidding. But really you made my day. It was really nice to meet you in person. Thanks a lot."

I: "O Come on.. I don't like people saying thanks to me. That's what friends do, they care, spend time, make you happy. There is no place for thanks and all."

Riya: "As you say. Well now its time, I should leave now otherwise it'll be too late to reach home."

I: "Ok.. Riya. I wish will see you soon."

Riya: "Sure."

And she left for her city leaving me thinking where this friendship can go?

When I reached home, Mom and Dad were waiting for me as I expected.....


(to be continued....)


4 comments: